The Oculus Rift. The HTC Vive. The Playstation VR. All these technologies have delivered compelling virtual reality experiences via their VR goggles. But a new wave of devices are coming soon that may bring breakthrough to the mass markets. Today we’ll discuss these technologies and share why you might soon be dropping some bucks on a VR headset.
The Dissenter plugin allows you to boldly comment in places where you couldn’t comment before. And perhaps just in time as the silicon valley social powerhouses are banning speech they don’t like.
A little bit of controversy, a splash of virtual reality and a smattering of other tech news, gadgets, and apps we think you’ll find interesting. We’re ready to go, so take it away Fiona…
- Joel returns from Orlando – Avatar Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- How Disney Built Star Wars, in real life
- Tesla will close most of its stores and only sell cars online
- New flaws in 4G, 5G allow attackers to intercept calls and track phone locations
- Your iPhone tracks every place you visit. Here’s how to see the map.
- The secret lives of Facebook moderators in America
- Facebook wants up to 30% of fan subscriptions vs Patreon’s 5%
- Twitter, Facebook ban far-right figures for fake accounts, hate speech
- Gab Launches ‘Dissenter’ Platform to Add Comments Section to Every Page on the Internet
- Facebook and Telegram Are Hoping to Succeed Where Bitcoin Failed
- Joe Rogan interviews Alex Jones
- How Apple and app developers will try to entice you to subscribe, not just pay once
- Spectre is a new iOS camera app that uses AI to create stunning long exposures
- FACEBOOK MESSENGER DARK MODE: HOW TO ACTIVATE HIDDEN FEATURE ON PRIVATE MESSAGING APP
GADGETS & GEAR
- Huawei’s Mate X foldable phone is a thinner 5G rival to the Galaxy Fold
- Oculus won’t approve Quest games unless it thinks people will buy them
- HTC Vive Focus Plus VR headset arriving to compete with Oculus Quest
- Microsoft’s HoloLens 2: a $3500 mixed reality headset for the factory
- The Best VR Headsets of 2019